Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Observed: Mauser M14, postwar commercial, SN428009, with unit mark: L.G. (= Landes Gendarmerie).

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
I have 1914 Mauser #250799, marked "L.E. 136", in my collection. Your L.G. marking accually translates "Landjagerei Gumbinnen", Gumbinnen being the name of the town or provence it was issued to. Many thanks for the information. I am always looking for information on weapons issued to the Prussian Police.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or then again, maybe neither one of us are right. Had an off-forum discussion of this w. J. Wotka, who points out that the L.G. not followed by a number does not conform to the marking regulations of 1932; he suggests perhaps that the L.G. in this case = Landes Gendarmerie Sachsen.
Along this line there is a Dreyse M07 in the WTS Koblenz with frame marking: SÄCHS. GEND. No.813 and with front strap marked horizontally L.G.
For what it is worth I have observed the L.G. stamp in the following configurations:
L.G. alone
L.G. followed by the what appear to be the last two digits of a date: L.G.06
L.G. followed by a number

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
C. Brown
Joe Wotka is the world expert on the German police. Please suggest to him that he register and post on this Forum.
Jan

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
VERRY interseting. I defer to Joe's explination. He IS the expert on police pistols. Not much information about the Landes Gendarmerie organized under Goering out there. Would like to learn more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts