Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Ron
These are not too uncommon and as I recall several have shown up on Manions and on E-Bay. My recollection is that they are Weimar Minenwerfer. I am interested if these have any Imperial connection. Please let know what you find out.
Jan

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Klaus. I have continued the hunt for information and I also found a reference that spelled it "Heuschkel", but I have not been able to find out who or what Heuschkel was. Perhaps you could help me out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Ron Wood

Thanks Klaus. I have continued the hunt for information and I also found a reference that spelled it "Heuschkel", but I have not been able to find out who or what Heuschkel was. Perhaps you could help me out.
Ron,
Heuschkel, was an Lt. in the Posensches Pionier Bataillon Nr.29 and was promoted to Hauptmann by the end of WWI. After the armistice he formed the Minenwerfer-Detachment Heuschkel of the Freikorps. The detachment was composed of : Stab, 3 MW-Komps. (8 light M.W. and 4 heavy.M.G.), 1 M.G.K. and 1 Flamethrower platoon, 14 officers and 183 men. Employment : Berlin
Insignia : Death's Head on left upper sleeve.
Hauptmann Heuschkel was reasigned into the Weimar Reichswehr.

Source, Feldgrau (by Peter Wacker a dear friend of mine who just passed away recently) and Ehrenrangliste Vol.II.

Klaus

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Klaus,
Thank you very much. I really appreciate the information. My condolence on the loss of you friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.