Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a German holster dated 1918 and the sold commercially to A F STOEGER it will fit pistols such as a 1910 FN or an Ortgies 32 etc. Stoeger imported the Ortgies. Any others? What would u mate with it. The holster is marked Germany and A F STOEGER. I put a 1955 Browning in it for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
There is a prominent impression and staining on the flap from the back of the gun which spent a lot of time in this holster. Find the gun which matches this imprint, and you will have your answer. It is definitely NOT from the Browning pistol shown.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am thinking this holster was not issued during the war and sold as surplus after the war. So that would indicate a commercial marked pistol. Going to try an Ortgies as the body imprint show that type slide shape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interesting puzzle of sorts, and a nice looking holster. I would be curious how the Ortgies fits the imprint. If it were my holster, I would feel good displaying it next to any of the above mentioned pistols that could be correct for the time and issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts