Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Very nice - it is either a verry close copy, or even a Chinese-engraved MM31. Would you mind posting pistures of the grip frame? Preferrably with the gips off.

As fort the disassembly - can you please first check if there is a screw on the front of the lock frame. As there are so many unknowns, I do not want to get your nice gun damaged.
(I personnally have 3 MM31, one Super Azul and one Spanish or Chinese copy, but not with this lock frame version)
It woud halp if you can get the pictures of the lock frame lying on a flat surface - both sides, top, bottom and front

·
Registered
380 Posts
disclaimer - please use this guide at your own risk
As mentionned above, I do not have this particular mechanismn, so please use with extreme care.
Also, I work on assumption that you are familiar with the disassembly of the regular C96 - if not, I strongly advise against disassebbling it as spare parts are simply unavailable...

I am using the parts numbers from the manual

1) miantaining the hammer (14) half-cocked, carefully remove the safety lever (20)
2) then carefully remove the lock frame stop (36) – pull it down and the to the left
3) uscrew the trigger catch screw (26), then carefully remove the trigger catch (26), make sure not to lose the trigger catch pin (31) and sping (30) as they will pop out
4) pull up and remove the hammer catch
5) if there is a screw on the front of the assembly – unscrew it carefully, it will release the hammer spring tension, but parts 34 and 35 will pop out. If not, slightly compress the lower rear part of the hammer (14) and push out the hammer axle (11) from left to right – be aware of the hammer spring tension, as parts 34 and 35 are likely to pop out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice - it is either a verry close copy, or even a Chinese-engraved MM31. Would you mind posting pistures of the grip frame? Preferrably with the gips off.

As fort the disassembly - can you please first check if there is a screw on the front of the lock frame. As there are so many unknowns, I do not want to get your nice gun damaged.
(I personnally have 3 MM31, one Super Azul and one Spanish or Chinese copy, but not with this lock frame version)
It woud halp if you can get the pictures of the lock frame lying on a flat surface - both sides, top, bottom and front

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
disclaimer - please use this guide at your own risk
As mentionned above, I do not have this particular mechanismn, so please use with extreme care.
Also, I work on assumption that you are familiar with the disassembly of the regular C96 - if not, I strongly advise against disassebbling it as spare parts are simply unavailable...

I am using the parts numbers from the manual

1) miantaining the hammer (14) half-cocked, carefully remove the safety lever (20)
2) then carefully remove the lock frame stop (36) – pull it down and the to the left
3) uscrew the trigger catch screw (26), then carefully remove the trigger catch (26), make sure not to lose the trigger catch pin (31) and sping (30) as they will pop out
4) pull up and remove the hammer catch
5) if there is a screw on the front of the assembly – unscrew it carefully, it will release the hammer spring tension, but parts 34 and 35 will pop out. If not, slightly compress the lower rear part of the hammer (14) and push out the hammer axle (11) from left to right – be aware of the hammer spring tension, as parts 34 and 35 are likely to pop out
I used your instructions and successfully disassembled the lock frame. Thank you! I really appreciate all of your help. You are really knowledgeable. I was not aware MM31 has three lock frame patterns. Do you think you can send me pictures of your MM31 lock frames? I want to see how they differ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.