Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this one for awhile, condition not the greatest, but it was a yard sale find for a screaming deal about 12 years ago.....I was so excited over the price and a PPK that it wasn't until I got to the car with it that 9mm Kurz started kicking in....

Attachments

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice - I once bought an M1 Garand at a yard sale - the M1 carbine, which had been changed to 5.7 Johnson spitfire was sold and gone, but I bought all the ammo left behind.
We were coming home from church one day...about 2012. Stopped at a yard sale much to my wife's annoyance. Asked about guns...guy goes and gets an M1 carbine and ammo and brings it out....at that point my wife had driven home. We only lived about 5 blocks away. Long story short I bought the carbine for 100$ (true story, I was happy!) with the ammo and walked home with it. My oldest daughter had stayed with me, and I can still remember her amazement as we walked home carrying a rifle, with me explaining to her that I wasn't violating any laws, and at worst would just have to explain myself to a cop if one came by.... Anchorage did me good as far as my collecting went...

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anchorage did me good as far as my collecting went...You and Jan Still...
Jan was down in Douglas, by Juneau. I was in the area once and wanted to track him down but never did.....probably should have tried when I had the chance. There was a prominent collector in Anchorage who had a lot of pistols published in Jan's books. I knew someone who knew him, but never got the invitation to go see the collection unfortunately. There are some very large collections in the area that I was privileged to see though...

· Registered
41 Posts
Lol , Yes in upstate NY I've found a few , one was a hsc mauser rig , 150 , yard sale across from my house I went to, he had a box of 22 for sale , asked him if he had any more , no but I have 6 rifles, all winchester or Remington, he asked me if a 100 was to much for all , and the best was last year a 1892 winchester 44/40 in a garbage can , cleaned up nice ,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts