Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had the LP08 for a few years now but finally acquired most of a complete rig for it. Pistol is matching minus the mag and the stock is mismatched. Also came with a 1916 dated holster. Still looking for an original trommel mag loading tool to complete it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
(Corrected 'import' wording to 'export'. 11/26)
Way more than a few years ago, I sold an export marked Artillery to a local Vet. Later I came up with a no number, export marked stock, holster and straps and export marked drum. A couple years after that, he called wanted to sell out. MG 42, 1928 Thompson, several commemorative rifles, a Garand and the 1920 Artillery. And so now I have that complete rig hanging in my basement.

Were any loading tools export marked.????

PJH

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
I have never seen a tool import marked, that said, I have never seen a drum or stock import marked, unless you mean 'Germany' stamped, technically a export stamp.

·
Registered
96 Posts
mhol ---- You have a very nice Artillery outfit there. I have something very much like yours including a 1917 dated 100% matching LP08, original 1915 dated brown leather holster, shoulder strap & shoulder stock with attaching iron, cleaning rod and loading assist tool and an undated original snail drum mag. Sorry I don't have a drum loading tool. I accumulated these pieces over a period of a few years about 45 years ago. Hang on to your Artillery outfit it will increase in value a lot faster than any other investimate you could make these days. You could easily have to pay $5k for an original drum loading tool if you are lucky enough to find one. As of this date I wouldn't take $15k for my outfit even if I were offered such a price.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,547 Posts
Nice..you have a ways to go to get your holster attached properly.

and an undated original snail drum mag. NONE of these will be dated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mhol ---- You have a very nice Artillery outfit there. I have something very much like yours including a 1917 dated 100% matching LP08, original 1915 dated brown leather holster, shoulder strap & shoulder stock with attaching iron, cleaning rod and loading assist tool and an undated original snail drum mag. Sorry I don't have a drum loading tool. I accumulated these pieces over a period of a few years about 45 years ago. Hang on to your Artillery outfit it will increase in value a lot faster than any other investimate you could make these days. You could easily have to pay $5k for an original drum loading tool if you are lucky enough to find one. As of this date I wouldn't take $15k for my outfit even if I were offered such a price.
There’s a few snail drum loading tools on Simpson’s website that are just under 2k. I was looking at one for 1500 but it finally sold before I could save up the cash.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Way more than a few years ago, I sold an import marked Artillery to a local Vet. Later I came up with a no number, import marked stock, holster and straps and import marked drum. A couple years after that, he called wanted to sell out. MG 42, 1928 Thompson, several commemorative rifles, a Garand and the 1920 Artillery. And so now I have that complete rig hanging in my basement.

Were any loading tools import marked.????

PJH
I have never seen an import marked tool or stock. Do you mean export marked where it’ll say “GERMANY”?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts