Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pictures I said I would post!

On the pommel of the grip are two sets of markings. The first set, which has been crossed out, is stamped Es.Ar.2.100 The second set is stamped B.L.M.I. 5 r 72 If someone could give me an idea on the meaning of these that would be great! I am also hoping for a photo of the inside of an M1879 so I can see the spring that holds the hand against the cylinder rachet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA,

Snow Dog

·
Registered
950 Posts
Snow Dog,

You have a great Bavarian Reichsrevolver. Congratulation.
After taking off the sideplate I think you will not see the spring that holds the hand against the rachets. To see it, it's necessary to take off the hammer.
Please let me know what a cause is (broken spring or broken journal) and I will contact you for the repair proposal.

Your holster is the quite rare Bavarian M/1904. Are there any markings?

Please have a look again to the unit markings. Is it really Es.? No dot after the A?
Concerning the second marking, is the L. a capital letter and the r follows the 5? Close up photographs would help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heinrich! I took the gun apart and found the problem - it is the pawl, the bit that goes through the hammer has snapped. The broken bit is still held in the hammer by the spring. Could the two bits be silver soldered back together? Would such a repair be strong enough?

As for the markings I couldn't get any close shots to show them clearly (not a great camera!) However, I took a closer look at them after rubbing chalk over them. The first figure on the first set may be a B, it is very hard to tell and the second figure is likely a 5. There could also be a period or dot after the A.

On the second set the second figure is a capital L. The R follows the 5 but it is in a different, fancy script style than the first four blocky letters.

Hope this helps you - any guess on their meanings would be appreciated!

Thanks again,

Snow Dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.