Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This holster came to me from Germany some time ago. I tossed it into a drawer at the time and gave it no more thought. After looking at it more closely this weekend and trying to fit a Luger into it, I was surprised to find that it was made for some other magazine pistol of the WWI era.

Download Attachment: MVC-040F.JPG
53.04KB

Download Attachment: MVC-041F.JPG
60.86KB

Download Attachment: MVC-042F.JPG
56.66KB

I photographed it with a luger and mag inserted in order to indicate the relative size of the holster. It is marked on the inside of the flap

BERLIN
LARSEN

I would like to hear some ideas as to what it might be.

Download Attachment: MVC-043F.JPG
63.44KB

Download Attachment: MVC-044F.JPG
74.6KB

Download Attachment: MVC-045F.JPG
61.22KB

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I have a Swiss Luger holster into which the magazine doesn´t fit (same as yours) - and the flap doesn´t close on an 08 Luger. But your holster certainly doesn´t conform to the Swiss pattern.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
It would be nice to see if whether or not your holster was for either a Walther Model 6 or the Dreyse 9mmP. I don't have either to try but perhaps someone out there does.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
No matter for which weapon this holster was produced once, one should look at it critically.
For me is clear that the stamping is a faking, because never in Germany manufacturer addresses were stamped with single letters.
One takes into account how messily the letters are ordered.

Neither a Dreyse 9 mmP nor a Walther 6 would fit in this holster.

More on this particular pistols will follow later on in this forum,
patience please.

Fritz

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
It is amazing when one does not have the holster in hand or for that matter neither one of the guns, to say that neither one of the pistols would fit the holster.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I certainly agree with Fritz on the off standard style marking for Larsen. I have never seen such a crude marking on a German manufactured holster. I question the certainty that this was not for particular pistols. Judging by the photos in one of Jan's books, I would say that a couple of the above mentioned magazine fed automatics would fit nicely into this holster.

I might note that I did not pay a price for this holster that would justify efforts at counterfeiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.