Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a Luger holster by a woman who said her husband had it years ago. It is dated 1941 but it is made exactly as a WW1 holster would be made. Great shape but you can tell the leather is old just by the smell. Were any WW1 holsters never issued and possibly stamped during WW2. I will get some picture soon.

Thanks, Carter Powell

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,375 Posts
No Sir they were not. It is common to see a repro holster in the fashion of WW1 dated with a WW2 date because the fools in Pakistan don't know Schiff about Luger holsters. I suspect the Germans dated most everything for the same reason the Dutch did. Dating lets you know how old equipment is. They must of found that useful.

Reactions: 45collector

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information. If this is a reproduction I just wonder how old it could be. The leather is thick, there is that green goop that forms on holsters between brass and leather, etc. It has some wear on it but it just looks old, weird.

Thanks, Carter

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,375 Posts
Carter, Walt Disney started reproducing/faking/fantasizing German helmets right after WW1 Reproduction holsters can easily be 50+ years old. Too THICK leather is tell tale repro. Green goo is rapid under certain conditions...What will tell the tale is photo's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The green goo is called verdigris and is easily cleaned off. (Easier than cleaning hardened cosmoline at least).

·
Super Moderator
4,186 Posts
Sounds a bit like a Swiss holster, photos would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts