1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
9,926 Posts
Musta been some fancy accessories!

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,317 Posts
The stock is very nice as are the two mags, which match each other but not the stock. The mag pouch is Portuguese and the holster and strap are sh*tty. The brass zig-zag rod looks original.
Norm

·
9,926 Posts
Round it off at 8K with shipping...Glad to hear the Imperial Navy market remains strong.

·
9,926 Posts
OH! OK. My bad. Thanks

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
2,627 Posts
I had my doubts about the rod, if i didn't have class that day I would have gone and looked at it in person.

I did get a rare Dreyse made Imperial Navy Reichsrevolver and holster with a mail bid.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice catch, Mike. The Reichsrevolver and holster fits well with your interest in the early navy. Were any unit marked or property numbered like later P.04's?

·
Moderator - Diamond Bullet Member
2,627 Posts
Less frequently marked than the .04's. Some, like this one, have a Crown/KM stamp on the grip. Most of the ones with a unit mark were S.B. ones. My ex Craig Brown collection Suhl consortium M79 has a S.B. mark.
This one, ex. Tom Knox / Howard Resnick, has a mark that I need to research to figure out if it's Navy or later.

I'll post more about it when I have it in hand.

·
9,926 Posts
This offering might have some good points but from what I can see..it has some very bad ones. The stock edges are VERY rounded. They shouldn't be.
The large steel washer & screw at the toe strap? New and in the white..no patina?
The holster has a shiny goo on it..shellack, wax or pecards? Cat/dog hair and other junk stuck all over it. Something gooey. The round ears on the rod sleeve top look like replacements.
The double magazine pouch looks Portuguese to me. No real distinct difference in the corners for stitching.
WORST of all the very rare carry strap has been butchered just below the belt hook.
What kind of goofy people wouldn't bother to show the inside of the holster or the mag bottoms?
Auction houses..goofy people.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good points Jerry.The stock may have been refinished. Not sure whether the holster is German or Portuguese?
Cleaning rod???
Mag pouch Portuguese.
A lot of money for a lot of question marks.
Bob
I have a Navy stock for sale and it is right as rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts