Download Attachment: Navy magazine 002.jpg
181.92KB

Download Attachment: Navy magazine 003.jpg
198.42KB

Download Attachment: Navy magazine 004.jpg
250.96KB

Download Attachment: Navy magazine 005.jpg
214.97KB

Please note that this magazine will only be traded to the owner of Navy luger serial number 1040 upon proof and I will require a suitable magazine in exchange closer to serial number 966(a).
Someday it would be nice to receive the same gesture of courtesy from the luger collecting field.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob

After doing a search of the old navy posts I discovered that the serial number 1040 belonged to a forum member whom I do not know, the pictures were provided to let the owner know and provide credibility to the claim. Our collecting field is swamped with fakes at times and it is a good thing that both luger and magazine have made their way back to this continent albiet different country's.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Lou..... There is a group of us who attempt to do what you are asking except it is not limited to matching exactly. Member Don Hallock runs an ongoing list of "orphan" mags where the intent is to trade mags and ideally get them back with the original guns. "Close" is also acceptable....... I'm not knocking what you are doing but just presenting another approach. I have found a matching mag for a G Date thru the list but have traded several others just to get closer.

I have a 1906 with the sn 1080a. If the matching one doesn't show I hope you might consider mine as "close enuf for government work".

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All

The magazine in the photo's I presented were proof for the owner of luger serial number 1040. Whilst checking through old post's about Navy lugers and the what and what not's to look for in a bonafide Navy luger I noticed that my navy had the magazine serial number of a fellow forum member's luger.

The owner Mr. Bill Garrison from the USA has contacted me with proof that he has this particular luger and it has been offered to him upon myself receiving a suitable magazine in exchange closer to serial number 966 for my 1917 navy.

This finding out that I have the exact original magazine for a fellow collector pleases me considerably, after all what is the chance of this happening again for a navy.

Here we have two 1917 Navy's 74 sequential numbers apart and surely were in the same arsenal at some time in history.

Both myself and Mr. Garrison ( Garfield) are now embarking on a magazine hunt to find one closer or the same as my serial number so that we can complete the trade.

As for Don Hallock's list I obtained a copy last month and will go through all my magazine's this coming winter and send to him the serial numbers so that his new listing can be updated

Should any of you fellows have a Navy magazine with the serial number running down the base and crown M proofed like the one in the photo close to serial number 966 that you wish to part with both myself and Mr. Garrison will greatly appreciate this help.

I have given Mr. Garrison my commitment that he will end up with the magazine 1040 for his luger someday as I firmly believe that helping out your fellow man / collector is what this forum is all about.Don't you agree.

Dave/Taudelt just reread your post, are you saying that your magazine is proofed the same as my photo magazine and if so are you willing to part with it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Leo

Hi Jim. We the "Cabal" of Navy collectors keep a data base on Navy lugers and the number 1040 is not on the list.
I own number 900a which is an 06 navy.
Leo
"Cabal", e.g., "secret group"? Quess I'm not impressed with groups that feel themselves elitist. If you would have read some of the previous posts on this paricular board you would have found this information posted. I probably have several more Navies that the "cabal" does not have in their data base.

Good Hunting

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dear Sir;
As we have 400+ serial numbers and grip strap markings on "06" navies in our data base, if you would be so kind to forward all that you have to the ringleader of the "Cabal" Mr. Tom Armstrong it would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you
Leo

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Lou...... The gun is 1080a. The mag in it is a blank bottom C/M with the circles on the side. I'm calling it the "replacement".......so far.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Glad you found the owner of the gun that goes with the mag.... Dat's what it's all about....

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Leo
You said
“As we have 400+ serial numbers and grip strap markings on "06" navies in our data base, if you would be so kind to forward all that you have to the ringleader of the "Cabal" Mr. Tom Armstrong it would be deeply appreciated.”

This raises the question, does the “Cabal” plan to keep all this Navy data for the exclusive use and benefit of the “Cabal”? What is the “Cabal’s”plan to release all its data?

I strongly support supplying your Navy information to the “Cabal”; however, I would request that this information also be presented on this Forum to the benefit of all Navy collectors.
Jan

·
Registered
406 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Jan C Still

Leo
You said
“As we have 400+ serial numbers and grip strap markings on "06" navies in our data base, if you would be so kind to forward all that you have to the ringleader of the "Cabal" Mr. Tom Armstrong it would be deeply appreciated.”

This raises the question, does the “Cabal” plan to keep all this Navy data for the exclusive use and benefit of the “Cabal”? What is the “Cabal’s”plan to release all its data?

I strongly support supplying your Navy information to the “Cabal”; however, I would request that this information also be presented on this Forum to the benefit of all Navy collectors.
Jan
A point well taken.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.