Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends:

I was at the right time at the right place, for once. A dealer in southern New York had a Browning High Power with Nazi markings Waa140 all matching & serial number is #77023a. I would say blue is 90% or better. Only has one magazine and I did not see any marking on it. However the magazine looking like someone polished it with a grinding wheel and then blued!

Holster is well worn. It stated off life as brown and died black. It is marked DLA 43 and Waa195.

Price was $350.00 plus tax!

My guess it was made mid 1943 but since I have no books on Browning I would truly appreciate any information on this High Power. I will take pictures today and post them this evening.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

George

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Friends:

Here are the pictures of my recent High Power purchase. Any and all information would be much appreciated.

Regards,

George

Download Attachment: 100_1499.jpg
33.79KB

Download Attachment: 100_1502.jpg
44.24KB

Download Attachment: 100_1506.jpg
57.56KB

Download Attachment: 100_1511.jpg
40.24KB

Download Attachment: 100_1512.jpg
41.85KB

Download Attachment: 100_1520.jpg
29.48KB

Download Attachment: 100_1522.jpg
39.22KB

Download Attachment: 100_1526.jpg
25.88KB

Download Attachment: 100_1531.jpg
23.16KB

Download Attachment: 100_1533.jpg
43.6KB

Download Attachment: 100_1539.jpg
55.29KB

Download Attachment: 100_1553.jpg
55.18KB

· Registered
550 Posts
George,
* Great buy! Should cleanup nicely.
* Mag markings will be on the bottom of the spine if any exist & usually are faint/worn. Mag should have a bright follower.
* I've used 101,200 made in 1943 starting from S/N 1a based on Steven's/Vanderlinden's books. Documentation for actual Production is unknown at present & my interpolation is my best guess. Linear production & all the caveats would place this pistol's production on 8 Oct., 1943 by the math....give or take whatever.
* Wood grips are correct. I think this pistol is a tad early for bakelite grips ("b" block) as best as I can tell.
* Hope this helps!
OBTW: Dinner in Tulsa next week??

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear Robert:

Many thanks for your reply! This High Power seems to be in pretty nice shape and I am delighted that I found it! Thanks for responding to my posting! Once I pick it up I will post additional pictures.

Regards,

George

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
George,
This piece looks even better than you told me on the phone!! I think you are being a little like me...too anal...about the holster. It is properly marked and so it is a little curled up. Someone may have a better idea than I, but the one's I had that were curled, I either soaked with Lexol (and dried) or worked in some Pecard and then pressed under a weight.....it worked about 80% of the time.
Again, nice P-35...good luck with it!!

Dave

· Silver Bullet Member
1,704 Posts
George,
This piece looks even better than you told me on the phone!! I think you are being a little like me...too anal...about the holster. It is properly marked and so it is a little curled up. Someone may have a better idea than I, but the one's I had that were curled, I either soaked with Lexol (and dried) or worked in some Pecard and then pressed under a weight.....it worked about 80% of the time.
Again, nice P-35...good luck with it!!

Dave

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys for all the kind words regarding this High power! Sure is nice to get lucky every now and then. I do alot of looking and stopping at the gun shops in my travels.

By what I have seen on the gun auction boards and blue book, I have no idea why this dealer priced this pistol so low.

Regards,

George

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for all the kind words regarding this High power! Sure is nice to get lucky every now and then. I do alot of looking and stopping at the gun shops in my travels.

By what I have seen on the gun auction boards and blue book, I have no idea why this dealer priced this pistol so low.

Regards,

George

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dear Charles:

Lucky me! Perhaps he didn't give much for the High Power and just looking for a quick return on his investement. The other thing is that this gun shop is in the middle of no where, out where Moses left his sandles.

Regards,

George

· Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear Charles:

Lucky me! Perhaps he didn't give much for the High Power and just looking for a quick return on his investement. The other thing is that this gun shop is in the middle of no where, out where Moses left his sandles.

Regards,

George

· Registered
2,859 Posts
The unfortunate part is that the person from whom the dealer purchased the pistol also received a low price. I keep thinking of some widow who could have used more money. Nothing we can do about this though.

· Registered
2,859 Posts
The unfortunate part is that the person from whom the dealer purchased the pistol also received a low price. I keep thinking of some widow who could have used more money. Nothing we can do about this though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.