Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and need some help in identifying unit marks on a couple of my guns. The first is a 1916 Erfurt Serial Number 3146 c, with the following Unit Marks.

R.234.11.K.11 The R is a block letter and not italicizised I thought at first it was a standard infantry unit but the only 234th I could find was a reserve infantry unit in the 51 reserve division. I have come to the conclusion that the K stands for command as the 51st division included the 51st res. cavalry regiment not the 11th. What do you think?
The references I have come from the book "Histories of two hundred and fifty-one divisions of the German Army which participated in the war (1914-1918)", if anyone knows of a better reference for identifying which divisions the regiments were in let me know.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
You are right. The 234 Reserve Infanterie Regiment was part of the 51. Reservedivision and fought at the western front; Poelcapelle, Langemark and Yser in 1914; Ypern und Yser in 1915; Champagne and Verdun in 1916; Champagne, Reims and Verdun in 1917 and great battle in France, Chemin de Dames, Marne, Champagne and Aisne in 1918. Regards from Germany

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Klaus;

I was surprised to get a response to a note I left almost 5 years ago but I do appreciate the information. I haven't had that gun out of the safe for a while so maybe I'll get it out and take a look at it again.

Thanks,
Bob M.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I´m a new member and so I must work through all the posts. Here is a lot of information, the best collections and a lot to learn!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts