Need help Luger p08

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Sir_Ricardo 
#1 ·
I purchases Luger need help figuring out what I have

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
full description please
Pictures - (larger ones) picture of full left shot, full right, full top, serial number picture, picture of any exterior (not hidden) markings

Welcome to the forum - i have stag grips on my artillery

I can say that this is not a military presentation that I've ever seen (and those are unusual to find). Most likely done after the war

Ed

#5 ·
WW1 military pistol dolled up with inlays/outlays? Seems like gold? Box is not french fitted and doesn't look old? It's cool though. Like a hunting set up/presentation? Ya gotta like this sort of thing...except for the ruination of a Military pistol. Out of wild curiositym what did this set you back?

#6 ·
Beautiful, but practically no collector value. It’s been buffed and refinished as you know, the engraving is not wartime and really doesn’t look German, and the gun is mismatched - it has an Erfurt toggle train but DWM cannon and frame. (Erfurt didn’t make P.08s in 1915.) Still, it’s a very pretty gun.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair
#8 ·
Looks gorgeous and would be a nice display/wall hanger, but the pistol itself lost all collectible value with the refinish and various alterations. Looks like a soldier was very proud of his war trophy and embellished it up for himself with a hunter’s flair. As others have said, it’s also an Erfurt toggle with a DWM frame.

#11 ·
I love the pinstriping. It reminds me of a souped-up vintage car. See photos.

In any case, although it's definitely not an ordinary collectible, I still think it has more than just utilitarian value.

The sheer audacity of the various finishes is very cool.

It's like a vintage gun met up with Jeff Koons; this is what you might get.

Gotta love it.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Everyday carry Gun barrel

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.