Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a nicely refinished BHP. It is serial #7140 and is slotted with tangent sights. It does not bear any marks indicating that it is pre-war Belgium military issue. I am unable to identify it as a pre-war contract piece. There is an underlined "W" in the trigger guard web. Is this BHP simply an early pre-war commercial? Any help is appreciated.
Tim H.

Revolver Eyewear Gadget Gun barrel Font
Trigger Air gun Yellow Gun barrel Material property
Camera accessory Finger Gadget Audio equipment Cameras & optics

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
well, as Bill stated, more pictures would really help. Based on the limited pics you posted, using Anthony's book, I would say your gun could be a Chinese contract. They fall within the 6000 to 9500 serial range and do have the type 1 sights as yours does. They also were slotted for shoulder stocks. So on the limited pics, that would be my initial guess.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only had a chance to get these 3 pictures. The owner has sold the gun. I considered the first Chinese contract but can't remember why I discounted it. I wish I had been given time to disassemble it.
Anthony, I never received a reply. We have had issues with our emails before.
Tim

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
I doubt that it was Chinese. Even refinished, the metal was better than most Chinese. I am leaning commercial, but wanted to see more. Tim, I do not think this was worth buying...
Just my 2 cents
Anthony

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the gun was ultimately sold at a shooter price. My involvement was to help ID the gun. When I saw the gun was refinished I had little further interest. I was concerned that the heavy polishing done before the gun was refinished may have removed some grip strap or slide markings that could help with the ID.
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts