Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I looked at a 7.65mm Dreyse today, and have some questions.
Seial number 170000 (approx) 90%+ blue.

It had the "N" mark in several places on the left side, and had a "crown D" fractur on the right side just forward of the ejection port. I assume that means it was a WWI issue piece, but I'm not sure.

The grips were a mottled mid-color brown and black plastic. All the other Dreyses I've seen have had solid black. Are the mottled ones repro's?

The magazine was marked "FN", which I don't believe would be right, but I'm not a Dreyse expert.

Price is currently $295.

Is this piece correct?
How is the price?

Regards, Ned

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ned,
You are right! The mag is not correct. As for the mottled grips...sounds like repro's. Originals are available from the parts guys sometimes, but are not cheap...about $65.00. I just sold my last spare Dreyse mag for $70.00. Given what you would have to replace, I would want to spend about $50. less. However, Imperial marked Dreyse's are scarce...If everything else looks right (pics would help) go for it!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm tempted to pop for it, but I'd like to secure (line up) a set of grips and an original magazine for it first.
Who would you recomend contacting for original parts?

How scarce are Imperial marked Dreyses?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Ned-

My first stop for parts would be Tom Heller.
His e-mail address is: [email protected]
I've gotten parts from him a few times myself.

As for production numbers, in his Volume One,
Jan Still estimates 80,000 Imperial procured.

The grips sound like US made 'Franzite' copies.
An adjustment in the price would be called for.

Caveat Emptor

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.