Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to look at a Luger advertised as a 1914 Efurt Artillery. Don't know anything else about it and as I have never owned a Luger of any kind I also no absolutely nothing regarding price, markings, fakes, etc. About all I do know is I like the way these look and if I were to ever own a Luger the artillery model is the one I believe I'd want it to be. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
Richard, welcome to the forum,

An artillery can be fairly expensive. Be aware that mismatched parts or a reblue knocks the collector value to a "shooter" value ($600-$800 or so). The smart thing to do is to buy books on lugers, the good ones, such as Jan Still's books, in the long run, it will save you a lot of money.

for a start, do a search on the forum here under the Imperial era and read about artillery lugers.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I appreciate it. This particular pistol is coming up at a local auction this weekend so my time is pretty limited as far as getting an education. Have looked around here a little and will continue to do so. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.