Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Peter,
Congratulation, a nice piece.
If I see it right, please turn the spring of the cylinder's pin release bolt.

The marking 1907 I found short before dead line of the Reichsrevolver book. But there is an explanation:
After the serial production of revolvers in Erfurt has been dropped (the production was prepared again for the rifle production) there was a demand for a smaller quantity of revolvers. The Erfurt factory was able to fulfil this order by using overrun and or spare parts.
In exspectation that such small orders would now and then come in, Erfurt factory made a roll die only with the year 19.. without the next two digits.
The pictured year markings shows clearly that the 0 and the 7 was added manually. The expensive roll die could therefore used until 1909.
This marking was the first and only I have seen in my collector's live.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heinrich,

I don't understand what you mean about the spring ??

The cylinder is actually a mis - match, numbered " 882 ", with a Prussian proof.

Forgot to add - the unit mark is 28.A.5.23.

Regards,

Peter.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Peter,

On the left side in front of the cylinder is screwed on a flat spring.
Please turn this spring in the correct position.

The fieldartillery regiment no. 28 was stationed in Bautzen. Today not far from the Polish border.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heinrich,

Ah !! - I understand you now !! How did you spot that from a photograph ????? I thought it was a bit stiff when I removed the cylinder !!! The armourer must have had too much Schnaps !!! ;)

Regards,

Peter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.