Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drb,

Unfortunately this latest holster isn't stamped with a date. I have seen an holster for the M79 revolver dated " 1912 " and the other holster I posted pics of was " 1914 " - your holster, as you say, is dated " 1913 ". I haven't, as yet, seen any dated to what I would call the " actual " war years - " 1915, 16, 17 or 18 but there must be some - I suppose ??

Regards,

Peter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drb,

Even so you would think, as the RR's saw wide distribution during WW1, that some " replacement " holsters would be needed ?? Maybe not. " If " I do come across one dated 15,16,17 or 18 it should therefore be rare and worth a small fortune !!! ;)

Peter.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Peter,

All Reichsrevolvers (only Saxony had already sold 2500 M/79) have been issued in WWI. Many of the M/83 holsters were modified to pistole 08 holsters and it was necessary to produce new ones.
Often made of leather (pictured in the book) which was not of the instructed material.

The highest year stamp I had found was 1916.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.