Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

find below the link to my new article about František Dušek's DUO pistols.

04/2022 F. Dusek, Taschenpistole Modell DUO | Taschenpistolen.de

The DUO is a great little pistol which one finds with over a dozen different slide inscriptions. Additionally, the inscriptions tell us the history of the Dušek company and the other manufacturers Česká Zbrojovka und Zbrojovka Brno. Also interesting to see the history of the pistol in Czechoslovakia under German and Soviet reign.
I apologize in advance: The article is written in German.
Enjoy reading!

Regards

Stefan

www.taschenpistolen.de

Gun barrel Gun accessory Trigger Metal Font

·
Registered
312 Posts
THANK YOU Stefan, I along with I'm sure many others here appreciate your effort. I personally haven't read it as of yet, but will shortly & express my thoughts on it, not that anyone's actually interested in my thoughts ! Take care,

Best, Dom P.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I want to read this, but I don’t read German. Can anyone recommend an app or procedure that makes it somewhat easy to translate. I know I can do it a snippet at a time, but that will take a long long time.

JGW

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Thank you Stefan - it is great to have available another of your fine articles!
In fact this installment inspired me to look at my one lonely example which I do not see mentioned:
............. FWIW: the left side slide legend on my '44 marked example reads:

AUTOMAT PISTOLE "DUO" CAL 635 (no period "." after "automat")
F DUŠEK, OPOTSCHNO

I am also seeing elsewhere a '40 marked example (not mine) with a period "." after "automat"

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. So there seem to be even more little variations of the slide inscriptions.
Good to know. I will incorporate this information in the article. Unfortunately, I do not have all variants. Thus, I need to trust to what was written down elsewhere.

Regards

Stefan

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
Interesting, I have several of these one being a 1945 production and pretty much mint. I always wondered how many of these they so late in the war (1945) they manufactured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts