Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a nice rig I got recently. The spare mag was a bonus, and, the holster is the exact one pictured in Whittington, vol. 3, page 265! The exact one! For ersatz, it is in very good condition! I hope this download works. My best, Dave

Download Attachment: DSCF1133.JPG
105.98KB

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Robert. Thank you for the kind words. Isn't that holster cool? The serial is 85540, frame and slide match, no # on barrel but it is properly proofed. Would you have an approximate season in 1944 it may have been made? Thank you! Dave

· Registered
132 Posts
Dave, Thanks for the serial number. I had it in my database from an auction on AuctionArms. This serial number is athe earliest 44 dated serail number I have data on. 818xx is the highest 43 date I have so I would guess that it is an early 44 piece.

Robert

· Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Robert. You are kind to share that with me. I was going to guess early '44 due to a '45 I saw with a 6-digit number, and the finish is fairly glossy yet. But....ya never know! You're great! My best, Dave

· Registered
572 Posts
You need to get a bigger box (so we cannot see it in the photos).. or, try placing the sheet of glass raised up over a colored card/paper on some 4" props (drinking glasses) in each corner. That should work?

you want to have the background totally un-noticed so it does not detract from the objects being photo'd.

Orv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.