Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here is another example of a pegboard display, which I think turned out well. You can trim them out to cover seams and there are white plastic hooks that you can buy that won't mar the gun's finish. Get the 1/4 pegboard if you are considering such a display. The best part is the flexibility.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here is another example of a pegboard display, which I think turned out well. You can trim them out to cover seams and there are white plastic hooks that you can buy that won't mar the gun's finish. Get the 1/4 pegboard if you are considering such a display. The best part is the flexibility.
That looks great!

JGW

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I like his finished peg board display better than mine. I had 90 pistols I wanted to display, hence what you see, Still more than a few in a show case and some in the train room. I used 1/8 hooks and put surgical tubing over them. The lung drs used to use just the right size stuff for testing. 'rlatham's display is square neat & even. I like that way better than mine. If I do that with the space I have I end up with another 10 pistols in the show case that is already full. Labeling his way is much easier too.......peel off shipping labels from Wally-World work good, when you move or ad something, just peel them off and make up a new one.

PJH

·
Administrator
14,262 Posts
I made this when we lived in Colorado - when I went on 'extended' trips, I'd pop them into the safe.
Most places I've lived, I have a few out, for the reasons stated above, I also have dogs, safe and insurance specifically for militaria / guns.
Heck, I can't find my pictures from Colorado - but I used a plywood backing, the nice maple plywood, covered a complete wall, then used normal but nice brass hooks designed for coats or the like, but not those skinny ones. I then put surgical tubing over the hook to protect them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m impressed with the collections and have away to go myself. I’m leery of displaying my collection seeing how I was robbed once and lost lost some really nice kits. The thieves were caught, but the damage was done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The list is long! My goal is to have one high condition example of each sidearm used by each of the Axis, Allied, and Neutral Powers in WW2, and that was actually issued (no commercial or police substitutes)

. . . . the various countries’ marked FN 1922,
JGW
I suggest avoiding the FN 1922s. I focused on them early and now have 33 of them; pre-war, wartime, a few post war from various occupation zones. It was a far deeper rabbit hole than I expected when I began. ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Can confirm. This devilishly nice commercial FN came along in April for only $300 total. It was a a trap. By July, just HAD to get an FN1910 to see which is better. Now they (and the Browning 1955 ones) distract me as often as Lugers at shows and listings.

but I’m also taking display notes as I needs displays I can make.
Air gun Wood Trigger Automotive exterior Gun barrel
Light Black Wood Rectangle Air gun
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Gun barrel

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nice displays everyone.

JGW- do you have any concerns magnetizing your firearms? Most people probably don't run into this issue but I work with metal a lot and anything that gets magnetic turns into a Wooly Willy (old kids toy with magnets and metal dust).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Very nice displays everyone.

JGW- do you have any concerns magnetizing your firearms? Most people probably don't run into this issue but I work with metal a lot and anything that gets magnetic turns into a Wooly Willy (old kids toy with magnets and metal dust).
DarkSkyy - That is an interesting question, and something I’ve never thought about or even been aware as a possible concern. One of the best sites on magnets that I’ve found in this endeavor is kgmagnetics.com. There is a wealth of information, and when I had a question and called, it was easy to get to a technical person. I may give them a call and find out what they say.

What kind / size magnets have you worked with, and in what applications, have you experienced an issue with degradation of metal?

JGW

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use magnetic chucks for surface grinder work. Even with the release and demagnetizers (not that I use top of the line ones) I still have issues with parts keeping their magnetism.

I am not a professional when it comes to magnets, just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
FNs in general are extremely addicting, proceed with utmost caution :)

Reactions: JGW
21 - 35 of 35 Posts