Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
BTW: One dealer posted everywhere that I had passed away and that books were no longer available in order to justify his price hikes. It was news to me! I pinched myself just to check. :p

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks Anthony, glad to hear of the increased print run. It sounds like you plan on having this available for a good while. By the way, I read the "Book Recommendations" thread and it was illuminating.

My worst fear was being late to the party by a few months and finding out that everything is sold - maybe not so much due to overwhelming collector demand (though I'd bet that has built up considerably over the last couple of years that the 2nd edition has been out of print), but because numerous people may scoop up several copies each for later resale. I know you said you will not do business with dealers, but it seems like the issue may extend to opportunistic individuals as well.

Will you be posting on this forum when the book is available?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Thanks Anthony, glad to hear of the increased print run. It sounds like you plan on having this available for a good while. By the way, I read the "Book Recommendations" thread and it was illuminating.

My worst fear was being late to the party by a few months and finding out that everything is sold - maybe not so much due to overwhelming collector demand (though I'd bet that has built up considerably over the last couple of years that the 2nd edition has been out of print), but because numerous people may scoop up several copies each for later resale. I know you said you will not do business with dealers, but it seems like the issue may extend to opportunistic individuals as well.

Will you be posting on this forum when the book is available?
Hi Bob,
Yes, it will be posted on this forum as well and will be posted well ahead of release. I am fine with people buying books at retail, I have not really seen any who buy retail for resale later. Many of the dealers told me they hoard up to 100 books of one title, there is nothing wrong with that, I am just not a fan of their business ethics.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
1 Posts
Posting so I don't miss out.

Anthony,
I look forward to the new edition of this book. If you happen to start a new thread for the sale of this book, could you please make a post here directing to it? I missed the release of a book on Gunboards.com, because a new thread was started separate from the "interest" thread.

Would it be possible to get on a mailing list for notification?

Ed

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Anthony, I know you are busier than a one-armed paper hanger, so no need to respond to this, and I hate to bother you on it, but . . . . A lot of us are excited about your new Browning book. Do you have an guestimate on when it might be available for purchase?

Best regards,

JGW

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Did the book come out or was it pushed to 2022 ? I can't seem to find it or a reference
Updates are on the website www.fnbrowning.com - Indeed press time is set for June and it will take 60 days in production, so summertime is correct.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Just received the books yesterday!
The quality and the content are incredible!
The content, the paper, the binding, the photographs, the historical perspective, and the overall lay-out set a new standard for what a reference book should be!
I would go as far as to say that this set can possibly be one of the best overall firearms texts to date.
I am looking forward to spending my evenings reading this text.
Will report on the content in more detail as I dive deeper into these in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Just received the books yesterday!
The quality and the content are incredible!
The content, the paper, the binding, the photographs, the historical perspective, and the overall lay-out set a new standard for what a reference book should be!
I would go as far as to say that this set can possibly be one of the best overall firearms texts to date.
I am looking forward to spending my evenings reading this text.
Will report on the content in more detail as I dive deeper into these in the next few weeks.
Thanks, there was a lot of thinking that went into it. Trying to keep some logic and making two volumes user friendly!
BTW there is some logic behind the colored banners. I will put a small guide together and may include it on a special bookmark for the second volume. Some of the details I will tackle after all are shipped.
Thanks again.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts