Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just recieved my copy of "Japanese Military Cartridge Handguns 1893-1945" by Harry Derby III and James Brown. Haven't had a chance to read it all yet but I have to pass on what a great book it is. This is a hugh pistol book!! 384 pages with lots of both B&W and color photos.
What a great job on this book, well worth the wait and price. Check it out if you get a chance.
Dean

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To follow-up, it took me a couple of weeks to read the whole book! It is packed full of great info!
If you have any interest in Japanese pistols, this is one book you need.
Dean

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm assuming from the title that this book has all the info the original hand cannons had in it, plus new data? I don't have any reference books on japanese pistols so am i correct in assuming this is the "one book" to own?

·
Registered
833 Posts
YES! If you are interested in Japanese Pistols this is with out a doubt the premier best book on the subject. Well worth the price and very well done with excellent picutres, data and text/dialogue! This is a book that every serious WWII military pistol collector should have in their library.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Jos

If you can hang on the book is usually at the calgary show on Jeff Stodt's table or maybe the nambu lady tall terri has an extra copy.

Might save you some shipping if you are attending next years show.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry for my late reply, but I have had a bussy time !!
Jim, I attend to come to the 2006 Calgary show and maybe it's not bad idea to wait till then. (but you know how we collectors are.... sometimes we must.........!!)
I don't know Jeff Todt, but I know Terry, a nice person I allways spend some (long) time at here table. She really knows a lot about Jap guns. I could ask her to get a copy for me by that time.

Regards
Jos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.