Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just recieved my copy of "Japanese Military Cartridge Handguns 1893-1945" by Harry Derby III and James Brown. Haven't had a chance to read it all yet but I have to pass on what a great book it is. This is a hugh pistol book!! 384 pages with lots of both B&W and color photos.
What a great job on this book, well worth the wait and price. Check it out if you get a chance.
Dean

· Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To follow-up, it took me a couple of weeks to read the whole book! It is packed full of great info!
If you have any interest in Japanese pistols, this is one book you need.
Dean

· Registered
137 Posts
I'm assuming from the title that this book has all the info the original hand cannons had in it, plus new data? I don't have any reference books on japanese pistols so am i correct in assuming this is the "one book" to own?

· Registered
841 Posts
YES! If you are interested in Japanese Pistols this is with out a doubt the premier best book on the subject. Well worth the price and very well done with excellent picutres, data and text/dialogue! This is a book that every serious WWII military pistol collector should have in their library.

· Registered
71 Posts
Sorry for my late reply, but I have had a bussy time !!
Jim, I attend to come to the 2006 Calgary show and maybe it's not bad idea to wait till then. (but you know how we collectors are.... sometimes we must.........!!)
I don't know Jeff Todt, but I know Terry, a nice person I allways spend some (long) time at here table. She really knows a lot about Jap guns. I could ask her to get a copy for me by that time.

Regards
Jos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.