Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across something that may be of interest to Nambu collectors.

I read a review on this site of Derby and Brown’s “Japanese Military Cartridge Handguns 1893-1945” and ordered a copy. In looking through the book I compared the information given to some of the pieces in my collection and found one anomaly.

I have this Nagoya (Kokubunji) type 14 Nambu, Showa 11-4, serial number 17762.

Should be some images below. Derby and Brown, (page 133) give the lowest tabulated serial number for this date Nambu as 17793. Honeycutt’s “Military Pistols of Japan, Third Edition”, (page 61) gives serial number 17860 as the low number for the Showa 11-4 date.

The pistol shown here is numbered 31 lower, for this date, than the lowest number in the books.

regards,
Rich

Download Attachment: Nambu LS.jpg
100.91KB

Download Attachment: Nambu RS.jpg
110.08KB

Download Attachment: Nambu mag.jpg
49.07KB

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dean, Thank you for your reply and kind words.
Sure, you can send me Jim's email or you could bring this post to his attention yourself if you care to.

Thanks again,

Rich

· Registered
414 Posts
Dean:
Saw your nice looking April '36 Kokubunji. I have 15260, another Kokubunji from 10.12 (Dec. '35) in about the same condition. The mag is 061, and of the proper style, and has what I think is the same kanji character on it as yours does.

Can you check your book to see where in the list this would be for 10.12? Also, any other interesting info you may be aware of. I notice yours also has the fine markings, with clear, perfect characters on the pistol and the same finish as mine.

Very interesting pistols to display with a Luger, especially a .30 cal with the smaller bbl. If you wish to send on this to the Nambu registry, please do so, thank you.....and, of course if anyone has the "260" alum. mag that would complete this outfit, or if anyone needs "061" and can trade me, let me know! Otherwise, being only 200 off in the numbers is pretty darn good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.