Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum. I am getting my first Luger this week. An undated 9mm that someone setup for target shooting. I only intended to get a shooter so this is what I wanted. However, the Luger doesn't come with a magazine. Does anyone here have any experience with aftermarket mags? I know Triple K and Mec Gar makes some. What do you all think?
Thanks,
Morgan

·
Registered
594 Posts
Morgan -

I have used both the MecGar and the Triple-K. They both work well, but I personally prefer the MecGar, as they appear to be a higher quality product IMHO. I own about 10 of the MecGar which I load prior to going on the shooting range, and I have never had a malfunction caused by the magazine.

The MecGar is made in silver or black finish but only comes with a black plastic bottom, while the Triple-K can be purchased with a wooden bottom. The wooden bottom on the Triple-K is quite crude, but the magazine functions well.

Luke

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I think I'll go with the Mec Gar since they make so many mags for the big name pistols. I might put some wood bottoms on them.
Morgan

·
Registered
594 Posts
Morgan -

Actually, I have done that with a couple of my MecGars. I had G.T., one of our forum members, mount some of his flawless walnut bottoms; and they look great. Walnut bottoms are now available from several different sources. In fact, I just saw one on eBay yesterday.

Good luck,
Luke

·
238 Posts
Morgan, I do have new blued MecGar mags available @$25 postpaid and new GT made walnut bottoms @$20 or lessor quality @$10, and can install them for $25 additional. Also have the full line of 3K mags and originals. Tom Heller

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.