Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got my first luger and in the lerning process. I have always collected smith and Wesson revolvers and the luger is a whole different ball game for sure. I got this millitary 1915 P08 DWM with all numbers matching except magazines locally with a holster for $1600 and think I did ok on the price let me know if I didn't. No import markings and low serial number (no letter mark) on it if that makes any difference I'm not sure. Only bad part is the two mags are reproduction and the holster is 1941 police and not military . Kicking around the idea of selling the holster just not sure what it's worth. It shoots aweso
Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry
Air gun Everyday carry Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Wood Bumper Air gun Electric blue Office supplies
me.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bumper Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You did great! FYI, a gun that nice isnt one that I would shoot regularly. It’s a real beauty and probably worth every bit the amount you paid and then some.

For your enjoyment and as a welcome, I am primarily a Luger collector but I have been on a S&W kick lately. I found this pair of I-frames to take home at nice prices :)
View attachment 677638
Wow you don't find very many I frame's with longer barrels floating around. I mainly collect pre Hillary hole stainless smith's. I have a short 25 yard range on property so do lots of shooting and the stainless is easy to clean. My latest range toy and it's stainless under the black coating . 627 vcomp.
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. In 1915 DWM was still producing Lugers of pre-war quality so you have one of the best they ever made. IMO you got a fantastic deal.
Thanks ! Now I'm getting paranoid about shooting it. I have reproduction grips coming in the mail so I can put away the numbers matching originals. Thinking about possibly pulling out the original extractor as well and saving it. Think that would make me feel safer about shooting it and not busting a original part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts