Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just found a type 2 mauser magazine with r suffix. It has the stick E63. Could this have been issued with an r suffix 1937 s/42 luger. Luger has droop E63. I am trying to find a mag that is close to matching my pistol. Thanks for your help. P.S. I have learned more about lugers from this forum and Jans books than I ever imagined possible. John

·
Registered
542 Posts
John,
* About a 2:1 in favor of Yes. As long as the sE/63 is the small size...not the medium or large size used in 1939. Right on a cusp of a transition point.
* sE/63 Mag acceptance begin to appear in about the "q" block. But, dE/63 is seen after the "q" block as supplies were used up. sE/63 Mag acceptance is pretty solid by the "t" block.
* OBTW, my 1937 "r" block is 9581r....if you find this mag. Gun is double dE/63 accepted.

·
Silver Bullet Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for much needed information. I have listed the clip on the traders board. Hope someone has the correct clip for my 1937 S/42. I realize I will never find the matching serial number but hope to find the correct r suffix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.