Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Need to know whether it's a 1st or second alpha series. 3 lever or 2? Also, what are the proof stamps on the left and right slide? Pictures are best. Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Again a real newbie. Where would those be found? Not sure what you mean by 3 lever or 2...sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Again a real newbie. Where would those be found? Not sure what you mean by 3 lever or 2...sorry Will get some pics asap

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Here is a 2-lever for you to compare. A 3-lever would have another to the upper rear of the left grip.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
The first vis 35 pistol were numbered starting with 1 then up to around 40,000. They bore the Polish crest in the shape of an eagle, hence the collector's nickname of "Polish Eagle" and they were slotted on the backstrap for a shoulder stock. When the Nazis invaded Poland in 1939, they took over the production of the pistols . After assembling what parts were on hand, they began the manufacture of the pistols with their own serial number ranges. All pistols up to this time were what the collectors refer to as "3 lever" guns since the all had 3 levers on the left side. As the war progressed, quality started to decline. One of the levers on the left side was eliminated to facilitate production. The serial numbers took on a letter prefix. Guns prior to this were known as pre-alphas because they did not contain a letter. Hope this helps...Bill

P.S. pictures are a must

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At least I assume the serial number is what I am looking at Stamped on the opposite side? I'll get some pics taken later

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
At least I assume the serial number is what I am looking at Stamped on the opposite side? I'll get some pics taken later
yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts