Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I have recently acquired two Lugers due to the death of my brother-in-law. Right now I would like to get a good handle on their value. If their value is substantial(and don't ask me what that means!:), my sister may decide to sell them. If sold she wants them to go to serious collecters who will maintain them. I have been collecting US Army Field Equipment for over 30 years, and certainly don't have the time or money to get into collecting Lugers. One is a 1900 AE in fair to good condition, the other is a 1941 byf in excellent condition. I am posting pics of the byf here to ask if you can assist in ascertaining it's value. THANK YOU!!! Tom Downs

HELP - I tried to attatch pics, but get a message that I must be logged on. I logged on again, and still get the same message.

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
An AE in fair shape goes for under a thousand, more if rarer, if a parts gun, or badly pitted, less.

The 1941 byf in excelelnt condition is worth more than 1K and perhaps a lot more. Lots of pictures can help determine value.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, let me try this again. Also, I forgot to mention all numbers that I can see match, incuding the magazine(I'm not about to try to take it apart). There is also a second magazine, but no numbers on it.

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 013.jpg
156.23 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 014.jpg
158.29 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 009.jpg
234.76 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 010.jpg
235.99 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 004.jpg
194.6 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 002.jpg
186.78 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 015.jpg
81.05 KB

Download Attachment: 1941 Luger 017.jpg
113.18 KB.

Serial number is 8294

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Using Jan Stills Third Reich Lugers (TRL), a 41 byf will have eagle 655 or eagle 135 on the right, which is on the right for you?

Any letter under the serial number on the front?

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On right side of frame there are two eagles w/ 655 under them, and one eagle, slightly different, w/ what looks like a small globe at it's feet. There is a smaller eagle on right side of barrel about 3/4" from frame. There is a small eagle w/ "555" or "655" on left side of barrel about 3/4" from frame. "8.82" on bottom of barrel between serial number and frame. Small eagle on left side of breach block. "P.08" on left side of receiver. Beneath the frame serial number, right in the radius of the frame, there is what appears to be a script "r", in larger font than serial numbers. This same mark, along w/ a "+" are stamped on the bottom of the magazine. Magazine also has two eagles w/ "37" beneath, "fxo" and "P.08" on left side. Please let me know if you would like more pics. Thanks, Tom

·
Administrator
16,719 Posts
Again from Still, TRL, you appear to have a Two Digit Date byf Code 41, Subvariation 1, and its serial number would be 8294r (there were 122k made in that variation).

The 8,82 is the land-to-land measurement of the bore.

The + means it is the spare magazine for that weapon.

The eagle with a globe is probably the army test proof.

Pictures of the magazine would be nice, and I'd like to see pictures of the AE, as I am looking for a nice reasonable rep piece.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I have just posted the AE in the Commercial, 1900-1918, Forum. Thanks to all for their response and assistance!! Tom Downs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.