Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, well, well. I thought I´d never see the day. A bloke at the airfield (near Berlin) came up to me in the canteen and said that he´d got a de-activated Luger. It also had a holster, an LP 08 cleaning rod, the tool and an LP 08 stock (he knew that I shoot Lugers for the local club..

He sent me the (not very good pics today - from which I deduce that he´s had the lot on local e-bay - unsuccessfully.

All I´d be (slightly) interested in is the holster - marked:-H.R.R.JR III, which, he maintains, is the Guards Regiment of Hohenzollen Castle (Wachregiment Burg Hohenzollern. True?

The whole lot definitely looks authentic. The stock is correctly stamped. The holster is by F. Bierenbräuer. Nothing tampered with.

He wants 780 Euros for the lot - or 500 for the holster. 100 the rod and 250 for the stock.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME SORT of advice!!

Maybe I´ll make a collector yet.

Patrick

PS

I can only download one pic per message. How do you all manage a whole list?

Download Attachment: ebay 2209 007.jpg
40.53KB

·
Administrator
15,547 Posts
You can download many pictures per message. You simply click on the image icon again and again and add as many as you want. Ensure that the cursor is at the end of the words you want to talk about before adding a picture. Just like you did the first time. There is also a tutorial under the help section that tells how to do it.

Ed

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,331 Posts
Patrick, I would love to see all this! Does it come with the attaching leathers?

Anything you are not interested in let me know...If you did not want the stock? Or the rod? Jerry Burney

You can send photo's to my email address below.

[email protected]

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Patrick, there is something odd about the stock. Can we see a photo of the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
George, the pics of the stock must have been taken for ebay. They are so fuzzy that the stamp is not discernable. I haven´t seen any of the items personally, but don´t think that forgery has got around to the former East Germany yet. I was only interested in the holster - IF it really is from Hohenzollern Castle (where the Kaiser´s family came from).

Looking through the available literature makes the stamp more likely to be of a Hessen reserve unit. Until more info comes up, I´m going to leave it.

Patrick

·
11,331 Posts
George, The stock is two toned...Looks like it is made of walnut. Did the WW1 Germans make them of anything but oak? Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Jerry, to my knowledge they were all made of Walnut. "As far as I know" is a great CYA though, today I heard of a canvas double mag pouch.

·
11,331 Posts
George, I could swear the original Navy and the original Artillery I have are both oak....I will look again but....Oak is a light brownish yellow and walnut is dark with light streaks. Old walnut is practicaly black. You sure? I think you meant to say oak...Will be on the road to AZ Sunday and Monday..Will check in later..
Would love to see a double mag pouch in canvas.

You going to send that belt back so I can fix it?

Jerry Burney

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.