Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend had sent me pics of an extended barrel FN 1910 & holster rig a while a back. Last weekend we finally managed to connect at the Lakeland , Fl. gun show and it came home with me. The pistol is in really nice shape as is the holster. The longer barrel was to meet Austrian legal requirements So I assume that’s where this pistol wound up. The holster also , to my mind , has an Austrian look to it. Here are some pics.

Len

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Len,
That's a rare bird and very early Model 1910 (made around 1913).
I don't have Vanderlinden's book at hand now, so I am not sure if this gun should have an Austrian proof.
In any case, congrats!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice acquisition. I don't think it would have Czechoslovakian proofs because it was made prewar (probably in early 1914). Czechoslovakia was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire at that time. It didn't become a country until after the end of the war in 1918. No German or Austrian proofs probably mean it was sold commrcially just before the war began in August of 1914. It may have ended up being used by an officer one of the early allied countries. The holster would seem to indicate early military use. It's a shame the belt and buckle didn't accompanist it.
Dan

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Congrats, super rare! The holster is even more rare! It may very well have been seized at the factory. Exceptional, I would like to show the holster in the third edition of FN Browning Pistols.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats, super rare! The holster is even more rare! It may very well have been seized at the factory. Exceptional, I would like to show the holster in the third edition of FN Browning Pistols.

Thanks
Anthony
No problem Anthony, feel free to use the pics.

Len

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
No problem Anthony, feel free to use the pics.

Len
I will contact you next week to see if you can provide us some holster photos.
More soon and thanks!
Anthony

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Can't beat Lakeland.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No you can’t Ed , it’s the best show in the Sunshine State!

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
The other one that I have found good all out of proportion to it's size is that Militaria show at the Ariba Shrine in Ft. Meyers. I think they are moving the next one further south, sadly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts