Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this by accident. It wasn't on the table when I first walked by. Later when I went back to ask a question, there it was. I don't see many later type PPK's, when people post pix or sell on the auctions they are of earlier styles. Black matte finish 95%+, correct mag (marked 7,65 m/m) one small hairline crack by screw (hard to see in pic) couple of scratches. A nice buy for $550.

Download Attachment: DSCN0171.JPG
119.44KB

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a surprize to me.He also had a 80% finish postwar (1966) for $450. I asked him "Any interested people?" ( this was about 4hrs into the show) He said just a couple of lookers and one guy wanted to "think on it and come back later". I guess he took to long to think :). After I took it down and got a close look at the bore and wear on the slide etc. Didn't take too much time at all.
This is the first late PPK I've seen for sale. Most of the ones I see at shows, Auction sites and Forums are the earlier types. I wonder why? If PPK production went up like P38's and other arms, wouldn't we see more of these than mid-30's and early 40's styles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.