Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm a recent sign-up here.

Picked up this fn1922 pistol for 250.00 it is marked WaA103 on the slide,frame and magazine. I have heard that the WaA103 marked pistols are less common. The serial# range is 244XX it is my first Fn1922 I also have a p.08, p(35)p, p27, and p37. Seems these little guy's (Fn1922's) are more common and less $ than other's and thus more fun to collect. I suspect that I'll be picking more up as I run into them.Any Idea on actual value? Also what holster would be correct for a pistol of this serial number range? I kind of fancy the rough black pig skin ones, but I'll leave it up to the experts to tell me what I should wrap this pistole in.

Please help.

Aufaffe

Download Attachment: 1922 Gefr..jpg
287.72 KB

·
Registered
128 Posts
I collect the FN 1922 pistols as well. I got my first several years ago when I was focusing on German WW2 pistols but I found that I was quite fascinated by the FN 1922 more than the other pistols that I had so somewhat recently, I sold the majority of my rifle and pistol collection and started focusing on FN pistols with a major emphasis on the FN 1922. I don't yet have a WaA103 marked pistol but will eventually. As far as holsters go, there are a number of holsters that would be correct. The Germans used about any holster that would fit and you will find some commercial holsters that were used too but there are a few holsters that were somwhat standard. If you watch ebay and the other auction sites, you'll get an idea of which holsters were fairly standard for ths pistol. If you are going to start collecting these pistols, I would recommend getting your hands on "The Belgian Browning Pistols" by Anthony Vanderlinden.
http://www.fn-browning.com/

On value, you did well at $250. I'd guess it is worth more than that by $50 conservatively and possibly $100+ more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quote:Originally posted by Darwin

I collect the FN 1922 pistols as well. I got my first several years ago when I was focusing on German WW2 pistols but I found that I was quite fascinated by the FN 1922 more than the other pistols that I had so somewhat recently, I sold the majority of my rifle and pistol collection and started focusing on FN pistols with a major emphasis on the FN 1922. I don't yet have a WaA103 marked pistol but will eventually. As far as holsters go, there are a number of holsters that would be correct. The Germans used about any holster that would fit and you will find some commercial holsters that were used too but there are a few holsters that were somwhat standard. If you watch ebay and the other auction sites, you'll get an idea of which holsters were fairly standard for ths pistol. If you are going to start collecting these pistols, I would recommend getting your hands on "The Belgian Browning Pistols" by Anthony Vanderlinden.
http://www.fn-browning.com/

On value, you did well at $250. I'd guess it is worth more than that by $50 conservatively and possibly $100+ more.

I thought I did ok price wise.Thanks for the reply. I'm going to look for a mid and late war example now. I am assuming that this one is early war?

I got a Commision check and it was burning a hole in my pocket :>)
I saw this pistol at the shop a month ago and kept thinking about it. When the check arrived I said well let's play with destiny if the pistol is still in the sace when I get to the Shop I'm gonna buy it.

I have yet to shoot it though. Should I shoot it?

How do they shoot? I assume well becasue of the barrel length.

Aufaffe

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've shot a couple of mine. I think you'll be fine to shoot yours. I'm not much of a pistol marksman but they seem to shoot fine. The WaA103 stamp was used early through late 1941. The fit and finish on these was still near pre-war quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.