Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or has anyone else thought that the number of holsters converted by the Norwegians that seem to have been Police-style holsters is HIGHER among those that have been web-belt modified?

I have one that has had an interesting past:
It started out as a Dingledey & Werres 1918 Artillery
Was nicely modified for German Police with a formed toe
Went to Norway with German Army forces
Was modified by the Norwegians with the web hanger

...and arrived here with the web hanger removed. I am considering sending it to Jerry for a little restoration to add straps, plugs and fix some stitiching issues. What is also interesting about this one is that many I have seen seem to have had the Army-style closure put on and the police style one removed....this one still has the the Police style strap that was installed for use by the German Police forces.

There is a hole worn where the muzzle rests in the holster toe however...it would seem to me to indicate that forming of the toe by whomever modified (shortened) it from Artillery style did not allow quite enough room as they formed that toe.

Have others seen these modified hanger holsters from Norway with the Police style closure strap left on them?

· Registered
237 Posts
Yup. Had several fitting that description in a batch of about two dozen I purchased from Collectors Armory 15 or so years ago. Some were even KM marked for 100 cm barrels. All heavily blackened but in sound condition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.