Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This type of holster was used by Norwegian police forces during the war (ww2)
At first they were brown, then after new regulations they were dyed black - (42-43)?
All German 7,65 pistols fits in this one...

I dont know who made them, or if its German or Norwegian made...

Any comments are welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, and there is no sign of spare mag on the holsterflap either so it must have been removed early...?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Yeah... I would think the pouch was removed very early. The hole opening edge on the cover is so clean and sharp, should be unissued.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hmmm...the missing mag pouch and the fact there are no wear marks on the flap and that all German 7,65 pistols seem to fit might point to this being yet another holster the Norwegians "modified" for their use. Perhaps the police there had a separate mag pouch or they felt it was too bulky with the mag/pouch on the holster?

A new production holster made in Norway, even if it was to carry German pistols would not have been made with the pouch and then had it removed I don't think....given the huge numbers of German troops in Norway at the end of the war, you'd think the Norwegians would have their pick of pistols and holsters and not have a need to make them and then modify them.

If for no other reason, I'd kind of vote for it to have NOT been a Norwegian made holster...while it does not look like a holster made specifically for a Walther, there were many other pistols similar that the Germans used and I seem to remembeer seeing more than one that had a toe-piece at the muzzle end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts