Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an fyi, I was inquiring about this rig online; http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=319923607. The seller seems like a nice honest gent. He advised me that he brought the pistol to a gunsmith to have it looked over some years ago. During that time the gunsmith changed out the grips and put on the black grips. I told the seller that this was very important information to pass along to potential buyers and that he should include it in the auction description. I am not sure if he has or will as I am no longer interested in the rig or the auction. Just thought I would pass this along to you guys in the event you were thinking it is all matching.

·
Copper Bullet Member
679 Posts
If they are legitimate bakelite grips from that era, they will most likely increase the amount of money that he can get for a numbers matching byf 42. The resulting "Black Widow" Luger is valued by some buyers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps. However the original grips are no longer on the gun. What you have now is a gun with period correct grips which are not original to the gun. I figured potential bidders would want to know that the pistol had the original grips swapped out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts