Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just purchased a pair of oak leave grips and would like to know how to tell fakes.

i dont think these are because of the person i bought them of .

thanks

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Never heard of "oak leave" grips. Also never heard of oak leaf grips...what are you referring to? Can you post photos?

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
Maybe something like this? Unless you have happened to chance upon one of the ultra-rare Kriegyhoff presentation Luger grips (no chance in a million) you have purchased some custom made grips. That doesn't make them "fake", they just aren't original.

Grip.jpg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,i bought these grips of a chap who has been among lugers for 65 years and is as honest as you can be,i will try to put some photos on at the weekend for you to have a look at, this old chap has helped people like sam costanzo with vol 2 world of lugers so i think that they will be right.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Chris, you can "edit" a reply at any time. I make mistackes all the time. Usually words like eth = the form for from, etc.

The edit is the pencil and paper and you can change what you said, change it when you put words or things togehter, i.e. the(cat had three legs...

Ed

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Chris,

These grips were on a luger a few months back on one of the auction sites...not issued by any luger factory...but probably a nice piece of work from a hobbyist or cottage industry :

Download Attachment: nice_grips.jpeg
48.9 KB

If you do not mind saying...how much did you pay and who sold you the grips...???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi pete/
i payed $935.00 which i thought was alot for a pair of grips,
but the old guy is giving up . he had no pistols because of the pistol ban over here in the uk but he kept what he was able to do legally.

i will have to get some photos on here to show you.

chris.

·
Administrator
15,522 Posts
Chris, that is a lot of money, and on this side of the ocean, we have never heard of these grips, so it would be helpful to tell us why they are worth a lot, why you thought they were worth a lot, etc?

:)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ed,your right they were alot of money but they came with a lot of books a snail drum + loader , and he valued the grips at £500 and would not split it up, i payed for the lot £2000.

yours chris

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Thanks Chris,

If you have problems posting photos here on the Forum, send the jpegs to me and I will be happy to get them posted for you.

I am hopeful you have stumbled across a rare pair that R. Wood mentioned earlier for the engraved, presentation HK lugers...if so...the price you paid would be a bargin !

[email protected]

p.s. There are modern-day oak leaf grips made for Walther pistols...which I believe are made in Europe...possibly some are also made for lugers :

http://www.carlwalther.com/images/g_p38_en_2.jpg

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
They are very nice and do closely resemble the presentation grips shown in Gibson's "The Krieghoff Parabellum" on page 199. The execution of the leaves is a little less precise however, and the center panel is not checkered. I am afraid it will take someone far more qualified than I am to evaluate these grips as to origin and authenticity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.