Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still going through pictures...

This is a holster I bought from a private WWI museum in Pennsylvania a couple of years ago. I also bought a canvas TM08 carrier and a WWI lanyard attached to a P08.

What makes this piece odd is that it is coated with what seems to be a rubber paint. The fellow who owns the museum told me that it was the second he had seen.

Has anyone here ever seen such a holster? Any idea as to what the story behind it might be?

Download Attachment: MVC-079E.JPG
7.01KB

Download Attachment: MVC-080E.JPG
8.65KB

Download Attachment: MVC-081E.JPG
7.43KB

Download Attachment: MVC-082E.JPG
8.09KB

Download Attachment: MVC-083E.JPG
8.27KB

Download Attachment: MVC-084E.JPG
10.48KB

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Second try...any ideas on this holster?

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
There are some substances that the Germans used in WW2 which was waterproofing but haven't heard one for WW1. The substances that I am familiar with was applied with a brush or wipe cloth. This doesn't mean that they didn't use it , just that I have not seen it used on this period of holster before. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. It is just another variation, uncommon one at that. Do you want to sell it ????

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thnks kk for your input. Not interested in selling now but who knows when I might need bail money.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
George, I have seen one other of these only from the WW2 era as I recall. Robert Tracy owns it or did last I saw it. The finish looked original to the manufacture. Not put on after the holster was made. Certainly unusual. Same color and had a plastic/rubber/paint feel to it. Jerry Burney

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.