Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this upper half from Tom Heller. It's C/N marked, no serial #, 1920 Commercial(?) with 6" .30 barrel. A parts gun shooter. I am assuming the barrel has been added elsewhere , considering the tool marks on the sides of the receiver. Kind of gouged up. I am going to restore it. The question is, Has anyone seen a chamber stamped like this before? "1917 N". It's a bit off center, and hand stamped.Appears to have been sometime ago. The barrel is marked GERMANY on the left side,about 1" from the receiver. Barrel may be an early , pre-1908, variation.
Ron

Download Attachment: 103_0341.jpg
117.05 KB

Download Attachment: 103_0343.jpg
112.33 KB

Download Attachment: 103_0347.jpg
152.48 KB

Here it's mounted on my 9mm shooter frame.

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Makes a nice shooter Ron!

I would guess the "N" was a property marking. Like for unit marking, they had them in some kind of tray / holder and N meant something. Or literally N was for that unit?

Ed

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Makes a nice shooter Ron!

I would guess the "N" was a property marking. Like for unit marking, they had them in some kind of tray / holder and N meant something. Or literally N was for that unit?

Ed

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed, I guess it must be an enigma? It looks like it's been there awhile. Kind of neat, but I like the odd stuff anyway. As long as it's period, and not Bubba's Int'ls., DL#, or SSN#.
A guy I work with said his father-in-law had a Luger, like new, with a holster that he brought back. And wanted to sell it. It turned out to be one of the most pristine Black Widows I ever saw. With a holster to match. On the rightside he had scratched his service #, full length, above the rail. The right grip had "Lucky Boy" cut full length in the checkering. And the holster had "Kraut Killer" cut across the flap. I felt like crying.
Ron

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed, I guess it must be an enigma? It looks like it's been there awhile. Kind of neat, but I like the odd stuff anyway. As long as it's period, and not Bubba's Int'ls., DL#, or SSN#.
A guy I work with said his father-in-law had a Luger, like new, with a holster that he brought back. And wanted to sell it. It turned out to be one of the most pristine Black Widows I ever saw. With a holster to match. On the rightside he had scratched his service #, full length, above the rail. The right grip had "Lucky Boy" cut full length in the checkering. And the holster had "Kraut Killer" cut across the flap. I felt like crying.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.