Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED 6-10-21

As many folks here know, I run a small, private, in-home, no-kill rescue/shelter/sanctuary for dogs, particularly medium and large dogs and wolf hybrids.

Currently I have a wolfdog with a nerve sheath tumor and a little female Lab/Boxer with canine transmissable vaginal tumor. Surgery, radiation or chemo, whatever is required to treat these cancers, is going to be costly.

So I'm putting up some some WW2 German Officer's greatcoats from my collection up for sale.

Prices do not include shipping. Cash, check, or money order work for payment, but NO PAYPAL or other online payment. I'm selling these to raise money for my dog's medical expenses, so not really interested in any trades unless it's something in the same value range that I could sell quickly.

1. The first one is an early Prussian State Forestry Officer's coat.

These were Herman Goering's boys, as this was one of the Prussian Ministries that Goering (himself an avid hunter and outdoorsman before drugs and bad living took their toll on him) was the head of, so like anything connected with the Reichsmarschall, their uniforms were attractive, impressive, and well made.

This is a very late Weimar/very early 3rd Reich pattern coat, and these were all custom tailored, not "off the rack" items.

This one is a dark black-blue with a grey wool lining. Buttons are a green verdigris colored celluloid with the Prussian Eagle emblem on them. It has the neck strap that allows the coat to be worn over the shoulders as a cape.

There is some moth damage to the grey lining on the inside, down at the bottom by the front edges mainly, and 1 spot on the outside at the front corner edge, as shown in the photos. Other than that, it is in excellent shape. This is a really nice, good looking, coat.

$400 + shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
2. German National Forestry Officer's Greatcoat.

Again, this is a high quality, custom tailored coat.

The shoulder boards are in the pocket it doesn't look like they were ever attached, this is how I got it.

It is missing one shoulder board button.

$400 + shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
3. Wasser Zoll (Water Customs)

Nice condition. This is a very heavy, thick coat.

$400 + shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4. Feuer Polizei (Fire Police)

This is a very late war item, and the quality of the material and manufacture is noticeably lower than other 3 coats listed here

This one is in rather rough condition, has a number of scattered moth holes, one sleeve has damage and tears to the lining and the other sleeve is missing the lining, there is a knit darned repair under one arm. The sewn-on fabric "belt" on the back is a slightly different material, I don't know if it was originally made this way or if this is a replacement/repair.

Anyhow, it's a genuine original Nazi uniform coat, and priced accordingly for the condition.

Since it's a generic "Feld Gray" (Field Gray) coat with no unique or distinguishing features like color, color of color, or piping, it could be used to display German Army or Waffen SS items like shoulder boards, collar tabs, etc.

$400 + shipping

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts