Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Luger holster that was converted from a WWI Austrian Roth-Steyr or Steyr-Hahn holster. There are ink stamps on the inside of the flap that say "??.15" (in a rectangle) and "LW?/1917" (also in a rectangle). Penciled is an EL and a 4 digit number. The back of the holster is pressure stamped "eagle/ws 1." There is a repair to the stitching with a knot in the center and the repairs going out from the knot in two directions. The repair thread is double stitched - probably not significant but it's there so I'm mentioning it. Wonderful workmanship, these Europeans were very "progressive" and recyled before recycling was cool.

Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion F.gif
272.2 KB.

Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion R.gif
257.12 KB

Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion O.gif
256.46 KB

Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion - Proofmark.jpg
110.52 KB
Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion Detail.gif.jpg
88.97 KB

Download Attachment: Roth Steyr - Luger conversion - stitching repair.gif
263.26 KB

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wes:
I would think sometime after 1938, after the Nazi annexation. That would account for the eagle on the holster back. There seems to be a similar holster shown in some pictures posted by "Mr. Novak" on the forum. He collects Austro-Hungarian pistols and holsters judging from his postings (and ebay bidding and selling which I've come accross). In his posting of holsters (http://www.gunboards.com/luger/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3199) there is one in the bottom photograph, bottom row, center, that looks like a Luger holster made from an Austrian holster judging from the flap which has the Austrian style trim. I have not contacted him about this.
Shelly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.