Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selection from out of my collection is this rig which I find most interesting. Although the holster has been controversy in the past, Warren Buxton has put that bit of spectulation to rest with his letter from the Russian Ambassador and the Museum curator in Moscow testifying that these holster were, in fact, captured German stocks and that all are original and authentic in every detail. This police pistol was my first variation acquired and perhaps my finest. I trust that you will enjoy it as well.

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
116.53KB

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
136.76KB

Download Attachment: holster markings.JPG
146.16KB

Download Attachment: holster exposed.JPG
130.03KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
140.43KB

Download Attachment: pistol left side close up.JPG
157.2KB

Download Attachment: locking block left side.JPG
125.16KB

Download Attachment: pistol right side.JPG
130.59KB

Download Attachment: right side proofmarks.JPG
110.74KB

·
Platinum Bullet Member
457 Posts
HuggieBear,
Great rig! I was enjoying the photo.'s and remembered I also have a E/L P.38,with Police holster,So I pulled it from the safe and would you believe it's ser.# 4545,(condition is not as good as yours) and the police holster is numbered and stamped exactly the same as yours.
The slide on this P.38 has alot of phosphate wear,but the markings are as crisp as when issued..The holster is almost as new.
I may try to shoot you a picture or two but my skills are a bit lacking,and I won't promise.
Take care,
Mark

·
Platinum Bullet Member
457 Posts
Huggie,
I'm sorry I misinformed you,Ser.# is, 4545 and it is E/L marked but the slide is byf 44. I was just got a little ahead of myself..Holster is identical.
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.