Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I have a Hi-Power holster with the marking "0/1032/0001". I was uner the imprssion that it was a property code.

Too late tonight, but tomorrow I will post a picture of it.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
These are pictures of my Hi-Power holster with the marking "0/1032/0001"

Front:

Download Attachment: PropertyCode-
1a.jpg

39.77 KB

Open view:
The manufacturer's marking, the date, the WaA marking and the property code are all on the little flap. Unfortunately there has been some wear on the property code. The number can be distinguished fairly easy with the eye, (although it is not as clear as the one on your holster) but it was difficult to show it in the pictures.

I have also included a couple of close ups which show the property code.

Download Attachment: PropertyCode-3a.jpg
61.16 KB

and

Download Attachment: PropertyCode-2a.jpg
10.65 KB

and

Download Attachment: PropertyCode-5a.jpg
40 KB

I have seen or have heard of only 5 Hi-Power holsters that have this type of marking. I have seen it on two p-38 holsters and on a few other German holsters for small automatics.

This type of marking is not commonly seen.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hi Charlie,

in my collection is another FN HP Holster with equal markings : cgn 43 E/WaA 920 , 0/1032/0001 ( Rohrbacher Lederfabrik Joseph Pöschl's Söhne, Rohrbach Oberdonau ).
This special kind of markings will be found on some P 38 hardshell and softshell holsters , but also on other Army leather materials.I observed the following other numbers: 0/0485/0002 and 0/0655/0013.
They are contract- or identification numbers.

In the postwar German Army, the Bundeswehr, all materials are marked with such an identification number.
Pictured here a Walther PPK ( called the P21) with the i-number
12 - 120 - 0893 and a pilot shoulder holster for the PPK marked
1095 - 12 - 120 - 1077.

Fritz

Download Attachment: Versorgungsnummer.jpg
76.57KB

Download Attachment: vers. 2.jpg
96.97KB

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Fritz

Although the numbers sequences you posted for the post war are separated by 'dashs' while the war time number sequence is separated by a 'slanted line', probably both have the same intent or meaning.

What type of units/organization would have used them?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got to see an old friend who knows a lot more about all of this than I do and he agrees with Fritz about them being contract numbers. He has been at it for a long a time and has spent a lot of time in Germany. I would probably bet next weeks pay on CONTRACT NUMBERS is what it is all about.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
quote:Originally posted by taudelt

Got to see an old friend who knows a lot more about all of this than I do and he agrees with Fritz about them being contract numbers. He has been at it for a long a time and has spent a lot of time in Germany. I would probably bet next weeks pay on CONTRACT NUMBERS is what it is all about.
Entirely possible.

Would they then mark all the holsters, the first and/or last holster, random marking, etc,?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would think that all of the holsters would carry the same contract number. Would be nice for somebody to find two with the same number. That would kind of nail it down..........

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
quote:Originally posted by taudelt

I would think that all of the holsters would carry the same contract number. Would be nice for somebody to find two with the same number. That would kind of nail it down..........
On WWII German Hi-Power holsters, the vast majority do not have the number. Likewise on the Luger, P-38 and other German holsters. Think of how many you have seen without the number as compared to the quantity you have seen with the number.

(There are at least five Hi-Power holsters with the same number. Mine and the one mentioed in an earlier post by Fritz in this thread.)

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wise old friend also said that the number was in place of a maker and date marking..... at least on P-38 holsters.... and that in his opinion they probably came from a country other than Germany. Mine did not have a date or maker but was accepted...... It's the first one I've ever seen so I have very little to compare it to. The fact that several carry the same number would sure make me believe it was a contract or purchase order number or something of that sort.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
It could very well be a contract or purchase order number.

On the Hi-Power holsters I am familiar with, the date and manufacturer markings are present (cgn 43) and are in addition to it. This can be seen in the pictures I posted and Fritz's reply.

I cannot recall as to the other holsters (other than Hi-Power or P-38) as to whether the date and/or manufacturer's name was also present. Unfortunately we did not have this exchange several years ago. Then I would have did a better job of looking.

I guess I am just trying to establish some rhyme or method to the numbers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello guys,
The sequence of numbers are called RBNr's or Reichs Betriebs Nr. The first number, 0 in this case, is the type of plant that manufactured the item. Zero I believe would be classified as industrial manufacturer. The next sequence of numbers designate the region or location the plant was located in. The last sequence of numbers are the plant itself. RB numbers become more commonly seen on late war items. Here is a picture of a late war ammo pouch with a RBNr.

Jim

Download Attachment: Pouch 2.jpg
99.78 KB

Download Attachment: Pouch 6.jpg
94.2 KB

G

·
I have a couple of ammo cases for the K98 with RBNr on them one marked 0/1235/0007 the other "RB-Nr 0/0485/0002". I also have a black pebble grain holster with markings I've often wondered about. It is ink stamped on the inside "44 VOR Gxxx" (can't make out the letters xxx) and on the outside just above the WaA 721:

D/1250/0011
EZGJ . 1944

The "D" in the first line really does look like a "D" and not a zero, but I could be convinced that it is an RBNr. Anyone ever seen four letter codes such as the EZGJ? I thought it might be some sort of unit marking. The holster came with a CZ 27, but would probably fit any of the small autos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.