Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my friends; I bought this place, and I would like to know if you can help me with more information; eifurt 1918; would you be a police officer? has an interesting brand: rg; yes some pieces are missing; were these weapons used in ww2? or only in ww1? does anyone have one like it? and do you have a story? thanks

· Premium Member
4,584 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! Your 1918 Erfurt is missing the sideplate and the locking bolt (takedown lever) and possibly some more parts. I have a 1912 and a 1917 Erfurt. I believe your serial number is 6550n. I believe it may have been in police service, but this is jut a guess. Some more members will probably be along shortly and tell you more about it. Again, welcome...Bill

· Registered
468 Posts
Hello Form Germany, definitely no later police use due to the missing Police safety likec the Schiwy-safety or the Walther Magazine safety. It seems to be a normal army weapon WW l.
Best regards from the vicinity from munich, Bavaria...
Tom

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Form Germany, definitely no later police use due to the missing Police safety likec the Schiwy-safety or the Walther Magazine safety. It seems to be a normal army weapon WW l.
Tom
Tom
thank you so much; were these old weapons from ww1 also used in ww2? thanks and hugs from Brazil São Paulo

· Registered
337 Posts
Thiago,

Although your pistol is a WW1 military pistol, it served after the war in some capacity as evidenced by the Crown over RC proofs that appear on the breech block, barrel extension and the front of receiver. Not sure what the RC stands for but always thought "reconditioned" when I saw it. A few parts and you might have a shooter. Good luck and...

Best wishes
Geo.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thiago,

Although your pistol is a WW1 military pistol, it served after the war in some capacity as evidenced by the Crown over RC proofs that appear on the breech block, barrel extension and the front of receiver. Not sure what the RC stands for but always thought "reconditioned" when I saw it. A few parts and you might have a shooter. Good luck and...

Best wishes
Geo.
thank you very much for the information, so is it a pistol that was used in the two great wars? due to these marks? the most impressive thing is how this weapon must have stopped here in Brazil.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank you very much for the clarifications; I will do a good cleaning and lubrication; I also got the remaining pieces; the history of these weapons is impressive; I read that several of these ww1 ended up being brought in by veterans at ww2; but finally I really wonder how it came to be in Brazil I bought it on Facebook from a person who won it from a friend who had won it from his grandfather; many happiness and hugs from Brasil Sao Paulo

· Registered
525 Posts
No proof that your luger was used in WW2 but was reconditioned by a government arsenal in the 1920s. Most likely for use by the Weimar government.
I’m not sure whether this is correct or certain. There have been discussions about this here before. The crown/RC stamp is considered to represent “Revisions-Commission”, an acceptance body at Erfurt during, not after the war. The stamp may represent repairs or reworks before guns shipped out after final inspection. Nobody seems really sure.

; but finally I really wonder how it came to be in Brazil
This does not appear that unlikely. As a possibility, you’ll find that over 100,000 Germans emigrated to Brazil between 1920 and 1939, with more to neighboring South American countries, and considering how many of these WW I Lugers were floating around Germany during that time, it is not at all unlikely some came along stuffed in suitcases.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have just done the first disassembly; and I found more numbers according to the pictures above number 33 and some letters; would anyone know anything about it? would it be a rescheduling of the year 1933 beginning of ww2?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m not sure whether this is correct or certain. There have been discussions about this here before. The crown/RC stamp is considered to represent “Revisions-Commission”, an acceptance body at Erfurt during, not after the war. The stamp may represent repairs or reworks before guns shipped out after final inspection. Nobody seems really sure.

This does not appear that unlikely. As a possibility, you’ll find that over 100,000 Germans emigrated to Brazil between 1920 and 1939, with more to neighboring South American countries, and considering how many of these WW I Lugers were floating around Germany during that time, it is not at all unlikely some came along stuffed in suitcases.
very interesting your explanations, thank you very much; I had no idea of so much German immigration during WW2; I will research about it;

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.