Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a P08 DWM date 1914 under the barrel stands the serial number and 8,82 But also Bö38
Is there someone how can tell me what this Bö38 means

Thanks
Harrie

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Bohler Stahl, an Austrian contract supplier of barrels to DWM. This is an uncommon variation of more than passing interest. Might we see photos of your pistol?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Jan,

Thanks, good link and very nice foto's.The luger I have has no unit marks.
Very nice holster. Jan do you know where to buy (for normal price)a holster?
wkr
Harry

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Heinz,

Correct, actually it's an O-umlaut, so Boehler is also correct. Stahl is indeed 'steel'.
The advert can be exactly dated to 1913 as it comes from a 1913 publication.

It's interesting as Boehler write in the advert that they supply barrels for machine guns and pistols to most army contractors. Also note that they have a representative in Luttich (or Liege / Luik) in Belgium, home of FN and Bayard/Pieper, which later became part of FN. Another interesting name is the Klett firm, also known to have done P08 reworks.

Boehler Stahl was a household name for barrel steel in early 20th century Germany.

A rough translation of the ad:

Boehler Steel

For every rifle the main value is determined by completely flawless barrel material,
because safety of the shooter comes first and that can only be guaranteed by first-class
material. We do not only deliver barrel steel for machine guns and pistols to most army industries
but also manufacture the following rifle brands for hunting rifels:

Boehler antinit, rustproof
Boehler special steel
Boehler-blitz steel

As trials at the weapons technical test institute 'Neumannswalde' have shown,
our references are first-class.

Boehler antinit, rustproof stands out because of it's excellent anti-rust qualities, but
especially because of it's extreme solidity.

Brothers BOehler and Co. AG
Berlin - Vienna

Dealers: Carl Bittiner, Liege, Belgium - Gustav Bitnner, Weipert, Bohemia
M. Ogris, Ferlach, Carinthia - F.A. Klett, Suhl, Thuringia

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.