Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this P08 Holster for a while having collected it for it's remarkable condition. The white stitching really lifts it and the overall holster's form and finish is excellent.
The rear of the holster is marked with a DLU, 1941, Eagle, and WaA727 - Ewald Luneschloss, Militar-Effekten-Fabrik, Solingen.
There's a name deeply scratched into the reverse 'Muntges', perhaps at a time when preservation wasn't so important. At least it's on the back - how does this affect desirability?
The winter sun was shining so took a few pics to share.
Hope you like it as much as I.
Jeans Hood Sleeve Bag Luggage and bags

Product Rectangle Bag Luggage and bags Material property

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Denim Electric blue

Leg Automotive tire Waist Bag Wood

Wood Composite material Hardwood Human leg Fashion accessory

Wood Sandal Metal Auto part Personal protective equipment

Brown Luggage and bags Bag Eyewear Beige

Wood Rectangle Road surface Tints and shades Symmetry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
That is a great looking holster! The name scratched in the back wouldn’t bother me at all seeing as it’s possible that it could’ve been put there by the soldier that it was issued to. If it was obvious that it was put there by someone else afterward then that might affect value. Thanks for posting!
Jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great looking original DLU
Holster collector ----- I wonder if you might be able to provide me some info. on a holster I have in my gun safe. The holster came with a "G" date Luger I picked up several years ago. The holster is stamped with the same serial number as the number on the G date, 6509. The pistol is all matching except for the magazine and the original finish on the luger is about 98%, including the straw color on small parts. Sure wish I had a matching mag. on the piece as well. Would the holster be considered a commercial because it has no other stamp anywhere except the number on the back side ? Thanks for any info. you could provide. Below are some photos of the Luger and the holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great looking holster! The name scratched in the back wouldn’t bother me at all seeing as it’s possible that it could’ve been put there by the soldier that it was issued to. If it was obvious that it was put there by someone else afterward then that might affect value. Thanks for posting!
Jim
Thanks Jim, I'm glad you liked it. I think a solider would likely mark inside the flap but who knows for sure other than Mr Muntges. Handy to use the Holster as a reference to turn to.
Brendan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Holster collector ----- I wonder if you might be able to provide me some info. on a holster I have in my gun safe. The holster came with a "G" date Luger I picked up several years ago. The holster is stamped with the same serial number as the number on the G date, 6509. The pistol is all matching except for the magazine and the original finish on the luger is about 98%, including the straw color on small parts. Sure wish I had a matching mag. on the piece as well. Would the holster be considered a commercial because it has no other stamp anywhere except the number on the back side ? Thanks for any info. you could provide. Below are some photos of the Luger and the holster.
This is Bulgarian military holster.I think that the S number stamp is fake.There is no tradition to stamp anything on BG holsters.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi--The holster withyour G date P08 looks to be in the Polish wartime style but has a single belt loop and a police-style number on the back. The magazine pouch shape and cover suggest it was designed for a luger (unless a luger magazine does not fit). It is possible the holster has or had markings stamped or inked on the inside of the holster "lid". The condition of the holster is nice. It is possible it was a commercial sale and used by a police employee. It is possible, as has been noted, it is Bulgarian in origin but most Bulgarian luger holsters have a slightly different shape and material, especially in the holster body. My conclusion is that this holster is not standard for German military or police and originated outside of Germany. I also suggest it was in service in a police organization.
That is all I can conclude from the photos. Others may have other information or a similar example to share.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Holster coll. ---- Thanks very much for your lenghty explaintion on the holster in question. I was sure it was not a military holster but had no idea what / who it could have been issued by. A luger mag. fits well inside the mag. pocket and the luger fits good and snug in the pistol compartment. The only mark or stamp I can find on the holster is the number on it that matches to gun's serial number. Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it was not a military holster
I'm sorry about my intervention again,but I'm almost certain that this is bulgarian military holster.Here is another one just like the one shown.
Footwear Shoe Wood Font Leather
Gesture Rectangle Handgun holster Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
96 Posts
Holster coll. ---- Yes that was my impression that the holster might have been a police issue somewhere along it career. Would a police organization have stamped the lugers serial number on the holster's back side when it might have been issued with the luger in the mid 1930's ? Since the G date luger has about 98% original finish remaining and the holster has very few scrapes and scratches on the outside surface, I've wondered if the pistol and holster could have been issued to (or purchased by) an official who wore it mostly in an office environment. That individual might have had their pistol's serial number stamped on the holster's back side. That is only my speculation . Woul;d you have any idea what the set might be valued at on today's market ? i paid $400 for the set a few years ago .

·
Registered
647 Posts
Holster coll. ---- Yes that was my impression that the holster might have been a police issue somewhere along it career. Would a police organization have stamped the lugers serial number on the holster's back side when it might have been issued with the luger in the mid 1930's ? Since the G date luger has about 98% original finish remaining and the holster has very few scrapes and scratches on the outside surface, I've wondered if the pistol and holster could have been issued to (or purchased by) an official who wore it mostly in an office environment. That individual might have had their pistol's serial number stamped on the holster's back side. That is only my speculation . Woul;d you have any idea what the set might be valued at on today's market ? i paid $400 for the set a few years ago .
I agree with your analysis and conclusion. It does seem closer to Bulgarian than any other origin. The number on the back matches the location of police numbers on German police holsters; however, that is not Bulgaria and it is only speculation on my part that it might have been police--my evidence is poor for that conclusion. It is possible the rig was assembled post-origin and possible it has other origins. I suggest $400 for a G-date luger plus a holster of any origin was a sound purchase; however, it is also sound to suggest a German military pistol, needed by the German military, would not have gone to a Bulgarian user unless that user had some very clear reason to receive a German military pistol. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts