Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

P38 AC43 - Nazi eagle in unusual location - trigger guard right side - please help

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  luger666 
#1 ·
Hi all forum members.

I need some help identifying unusual markings on my AC43Walther P38.
This particular one have Nazi eagle stamped on right side oftrigger guard - i never seen one in that location before! never !

Have you met with that - any ideas ? suggestions? does itmake it unique, valuable?

What may be value of such RIG? with original minty holster,2 mags and authentic bring-back letter?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Michael GA

Please check attached photos.

See less See more
#2 ·
The additional test eagle on the trigger guard is a known variation and does add value. I dont think anyone has ever identified what the extra proof mark is about, but there are others in the same serial range. I have owned 2 like yours.
Gun alone is about 1200 and the holster about 300 - plus mag..... probably 1500 to 1600 for the rig.
Are you interested in selling?
whitemant@aol.com

#3 ·
Yep I had one with eagle on trigger guard (I had the one shown in Buxtons book)....and one recently on the slide that I got at a show and showed it to Buxton first...he said it was an inspectors mark....both were AC 44s

#5 ·
UUHh...Buxton said it was an inspectors mark, usually after a problem/flaw was identified and then signed off again after fixing and placing back on the military contract line....so I guess thats the end of the mystery:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.