Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning again. The companion piece purchased with the Luger Tool was this P 38 magazine. The top piece is ribbed which I haven't seen before. Anyone know where this might have been made or what P -38 it would work with. Thanks to all the members for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
562 Posts
Thanks for the info. Would these mags be used on the Spreewerk pistols?
No. Spreewerk has its own magazines, as well as magazine made by Erste Nordboehmische Metallwarenfabrik. These will be marked "jvd" and sometimes have "WaA706".

JVD also supplied magazine to both Walther and Mauser later in the war.

Matt:cool:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Matt,
No evidence exists that Spreewerk themselves manufactured any magazines. Even the very early a/b marked magazines, thought to have been possibly made by Spreewerk, were discovered a while back to have been manufactured by ENM. An E/135 magazine, made by Mauser, would have almost assuredly been issued with a Mauser pistol (in this case a very late war one). There is no hard evidence to my knowledge that Spreewerk used anything but ENM, whereas both Walther and Mauser made their own magazines in-house. I believe ENM magazines to both Walther and Mauser supplemented their own production.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yes, but it is over 10 years old and although a great book, there is old information in it. Still answers the vast majority of questions, but like the site below (owned by one of the authors of the book, Dennis deVlieger), needs to be updated.

For example, there was no evidence that ENM made the early a/b magazines until a couple of years ago when the magazine above was discovered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts