Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever had a P-38 magazine that would not release? The mag is not damaged, I have used it in the past, I can't figure out why it won't release or what is holding it, and of course can't disassemble it with the mag in. Very frustrating...

Any help is appreciated,

Craig

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Craig,

Does the mag release move back and forth or is it stuck?

If it is not stuck try removing the baseplate from the mag with the spring retainer, spring and follower.

If it is stuck you are going to need to remove the grips and look at the hammer strut. You can push through the hammer pin to remove the hammer this will loosen up all the parts and will release the tension from the mainspring so the mag release will disengage.

Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark, I hadn't thought of removing the baseplate and taking the mag apart. At this point, the grips are off, the hammer assembly is removed, the mag release assembly is removed. The magazine absolutely will not budge, and I can't figure out what it's hung on.

Craig

· Banned
815 Posts
Before you take the mag apart, one very simple solution is to lock the slide open and put a wood dowel into the top of the magazine and try to push the mag down and out. If this doesn't work, tap the dowel with a mallet and it will almost certainly release the mag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.